Description: Jumptasticneed a Delivery Driver immediately starts from Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:17:56 GMT, this position will be placed in Georgia.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to Jumptastic starts from Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:17:56 GMT.
Position Title: Delivery Personnel / Driver
– Party & Events Industry
DIVISION: Operations – Delivery
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Ensure the proper loading and unloading of all equipment to fulfill customer orders as assigned by the Delivery Manager.
- Prepare equipment, if necessary, prior to loading.
- Complete the delivery, safe set up, take down, pickup and return of all equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
- Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
- Secure customer signature on contract.
- After setup of equipment, ensure customers know how to safely operate each item and secure the customer’s signature on the company safety addendum for each order.
- Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Place delivery and in-store returned equipment in appropriate area for inspection.
- Know equipment specifics and applications of items in the rental inventory, to successfully and properly answer customer questions upon delivery.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
- Safely operate company and/or privately owned vehicles for deliveries or other company authorized business.
- While driving company vehicle:
- Serve as company representative.
- Carry driver’s license at ALL times.
- Observe all laws.
- Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles and trailers (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.)
- Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior).
- Notify MOD of any scrapes, dents, accidents or mechanical difficulties.
- Ensure delivered items match customers orders.
- Notify dispatcher if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- Collect payment from customers with outstanding balances through either cash or business checks or credit card and ensure proper documentation and delivery of payments at the end of each shift.
- Complete the proper forms for damaged or missing rental property or property damage caused during the delivery process.
- Complete a damaged and missing equipment report.
- Deliver pick up ticket copies to MOD so counts can be verified prior to unloading.
- Turn in all funds collected to MOD upon return.
- At the end of each shift, check gas, oil and other fluid levels in every truck. Top off and record fluid levels as necessary.
- Perform a safety inspection/safety check on vehicles used each day.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Complete the necessary paperwork for vehicle inspections and turn in to MOD daily.
- Take keys out of trucks daily.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with all government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Will load and unload vehicles/trailers. Will deliver, safely set up, equipment in full or partial loads to assigned customers. Will also safely break down and return equipment to the company. Must provide service to customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. May be required to assist customers with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments if necessary. Must be punctual to events.
May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area, with the exception of several hours in the warehouse loading or unloading and drive time. Most work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs or more.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must possess customer relation skills.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a MVR that is acceptable to the company standard.
- Must be familiar with Georgia roads and be able to read a road map or follow GPS.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written or oral format.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Reports to: Delivery Manager / Delivery Supervisor / MOD
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $100.00 to $500.00 /day
- delivery: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License