Non CDL Driver
Charlotte North Carolina
Description: Moving Office Equipmentneed a Non CDL Driver immediately starts from Mon, 18 Dec 2017 18:45:39 GMT, this position will be placed in North Carolina.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to Moving Office Equipment starts from Mon, 18 Dec 2017 18:45:39 GMT.
Job Title: Driver
This is a delivery / pick up position responsible for driving a 26 foot box truck for the purpose of delivering and or picking up various types of copiers and printers and the associated accessories for these machines. This requires using excellent customer service skills and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Metro Office Equipment INC. DBA Moving Office Equipment (MOE) policies and standards.
Working late, weekends and holidays and starting at various early morning start time are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- Deliver freight within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform dispatch of any deviations and or problems.
- Unload freight from truck or trailer, by hand and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting freight down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, pull, or move freight that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 700 pounds; constantly bending and twisting while loading and unloading freight, and retrieving items from the truck or trailer.
- Operate a smart phone or table. Verify delivery or pick up of freight with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact dispatch for authorization when discrepancies on BOL or Return Authorization (RA) are found and communicate all errors.
- Collect checks where required, and turn in all funds collected at the end of the week.
- Properly load and secure all freight on truck or trailer.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow MOE preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in truck / tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand trucks, pallets jacks, load bars, fork lift, and personal protective equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 25+ years of age
- Valid Driver License with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years) for Non-CDL drivers
- Possess and be able to present a valid non-expired interstate Medical Examiner’s Certificate Card (MEC). (You may be asked to provide: MEC issue date, first and last name of Medical Examiner, Medical Examiner’s license or certificate number, and state of issue, as well as Medical Examiner’s national registry number at time of application.)
- Self-certified as a non-exempted interstate driver with the state licensing agency that issued the CDL (commercial driver license) (Please note: effective May 21, 2014 medical examiners performing DOT medical certifications must be registered and certified in the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME), and the examiner’s certification date must precede the physical date.)
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of copiers. Able to detach a finisher from a copier and in some cases disassemble large copiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Extended work hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times and or ending your day late are required.
- Frequently lift, push, pull, or move freight that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 700 pounds
- Frequently reach up to 36 inches to stack and unstack printers.
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading freight, and retrieving items from truck or trailer.
- At times, transport freight down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
MOE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Metro Office Equipment INC. DBA Moving Office Equipment.
Drivers dispatch out Monday morning and return Thursday evening or Friday morning.
Company pays hotel cost.
Pay is direct deposit weekly pay is as follows plus per diem and other accessory pay.
Pay is $500 per week during training
After training $550 per week
After 90 Days $600 per week.
Health benefits start after 90 days.
Training will take place out of our Columbus, GA headquarters for up to 3 weeks.
Job Type: Full-time
- Charlotte, NC
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License