Description: Sertoma Centreneed a Van Driver immediately starts from Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:36:48 GMT, this position will be placed in Illinois.
For more detail information about this job vacancy please read the description below. If interested in this position, please email us your resume, along with salary requirements and a cover letter to Sertoma Centre starts from Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:36:48 GMT.
The Van Driver is responsible for the safe operation of agency vehicles, transportation of individuals served in agency programs, and supervision of clients while in transit.
- Must be a minimum of 23 years of age.
- Current Illinois Driver’s License at all times with an excellent driving record. CDL preferred. Must be able to obtain Pace Certification post employment.
- Prior experience with transportation of individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner to all staff as well as all individuals transported.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR.
- Good judgment in driving for all road conditions (i.e., no speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, going around railroad crossings).
- Ability for verbal and written reporting.
- Good judgment and sense of directions.
- Ability to read all traffic signs.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds on occasion.
Report to work at designated time to ensure appropriate arrival times at work for persons served.
Maintain a sequential listing of assigned route which includes names, addresses, phone numbers, and emergency phone numbers of the individuals on the route and have this with them at all times.
Assure that all occupants, particularly individuals served, are wearing their seat belts before departure from any location and during transport.
Assist clients being transported to ensure their safety entering/exiting vehicles and during transport.
Conduct a daily inspection of vehicles.
Conduct regular safety inspections and ensure proper maintenance of vehicles based upon applicable legal requirements, agency policy, and the needs for safe operation of the vehicles.
Assure that the vehicle has sufficient gas prior to leaving on route, or to secure gas en route at recommended service stations.
Provide supervision of clients while in transit including ensuring their safety and intervening in the event of any incident which may occur.
Carry on his/her person at all times, I.D. cards identifying him/her as an authorized representative of Sertoma.
Abide by all safety rules and regulations while driving and while at the Centre.
Conduct oneself in a professional manner; i.e., drivers represent role models for persons served. Respect is shown to persons served at all times.
Maintain attendance sheets on a daily basis.
Attend all driver training sessions.
Check at end of route to make sure all clients are off the van.